Friday, June 5, 2009

Rhubarb Martinis....Genius!!!


On Friday evening, I (FINALLY!) returned to Petit Robert Bistro on Columbus Avenue here in SoEnd. Petit Robert's is a solid French bistro...as good as they get here in this neighborhood. The main reason I come here, though, is the bar. WOW they make some awesome drinks! I am not a big mixed drink person...especially not those frufru-ish drinks that so many places serve up nowadays. I have always been a big traditionalist with the mixed drinks...give me an extra dirty vodka martini or a gin and tonic with a lime and I assure you I'll be quite content. Fast-forward a few years and into my life comes Petit Robert. I cannot explain to you how much I LOVE their rhubarb martini. It's a delectible delight...balsamic and sugar rimmed glass and just the right amount of consistency and bitterness in the actual drink. Quite amazing, really...And I can say it is the absolute best drink I've ever had (and I've had many!).




Mister or Miss Rhubarb Martini, my love, thank you...THANK YOU...you made my year...

No comments:

Post a Comment