Sunday, June 7, 2009

Food Bonanza Part II - !!!




After "brunching" in South End yesterday, my friend and I decided that it would be a perfect day for a cruise up to Maine. "Lobster!", we exclaimed together in unison. After a 90 minute drive up to Ogunquit, we settled in to a nice little restaurant on the coast overlooking lapping waves on a rugged shoreline. We placed our order..."Twin steamed lobsters, please!". And $24 later, we had two darn big sea creatures in front of us.




After I forced my friend to put the lobster bib on for a photo op, I broke into the big badboy in front of me. My, oh my! BIG surprised. Black goop poured out. I was like...W?!T?!F?!?!?! I then saw millions of tiny orange specs. Oh, jeez....My lobster is (was) PREGNANT!!! Eeeeek! Now, I'm not a pro-life'er or anything but eating pregnant shellfish isn't really something I'm game for. I did my best to scrape away the evidence of the lobster's expectancy and proceeded to ingest the thing. SO worth it. Once I started tasting it, my guilt was disuaded. DELICIOUS! Maine lobster is some of, if not THE most tender and sweet of the shellfish family.




Anyway, I'm sorry Mrs. Lobster for the fact that you were harvested despite the pregnancy but damn, you were tasty!






No comments:

Post a Comment